WebCam Presario CQ56 (10866 Views)
Student
keywasted
Message 1 of 8 (10,866 Views)

WebCam Presario CQ56

How do I activate the webcam on my Presario CQ56 notebook?  

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 8 (10,839 Views)

Re: WebCam Presario CQ56

some of this modles were only webcam ready you might want to check the online spec by your product number

how to

Locate the Notebook Product Number or Model Number

and this if equiped with a webcam

Testing a Webcam With MediaSmart in Windows 7

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Teacher
AfterCallWork
Message 3 of 8 (10,818 Views)

Hi keywasted,

As far as i know CQ56 doesnt have a webcam. :smileysad: but you could try to check it in device manager. if you see any imaging device then  you have a webcam. if you don't see one then you don't have it. most of the CQ56 units seems to have a webcam on the display panel on top of the LCD but it really doesn't exist. :smileysad: please let me know what happened in device manager.

Please Click On Kudos! Thanks

If Solutions Offered Doesn't Work Call Us: 1-800-474-6836 HP Tech Support
Honor Student
gigahurt
Message 4 of 8 (10,696 Views)

As far as I know, manufacturers don't install hardware for show. Look in Device Manager for imaging devices (?), double-click, should say HP webcam 101 (goes nowhere, but I did stop HP support running in msconfig) Or click start>all programs>Cyberlink Youcam
Student
kimgray1
Message 5 of 8 (5,716 Views)

How do I activate the webcam on my computer?

Student
wilsonwaynvette
Message 6 of 8 (4,163 Views)

How do i use my web cam

Student
blackmoon
Message 7 of 8 (27 Views)

مرحبا الكاميرا لاتعمل

Grad Student
PeerOne
Message 8 of 8 (20 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can't put a webcam if the product line doesn't have a webcam. No easy way around it. Either the product line had webcam option or not. Your only other option is to check eBay and see if they have a bezel with webcam and buy that and the webcam and attach it to your current laptop. But you need to make sure your board also has the connections for the webcam as some might not come with the connection so that would eliminate your options to place a matching aftermarket webcam for the laptop. So if your not sure of the webcam connection on the board you need to take apart the laptop and look for it before trying to add webcam option should it turn out the board doesn't have that connection.

Asking For Help - Some Basic TIPS.
1. What is the Product Number?
2. Which Wifi Device Hardware is installed?
3. What O/S is installed?
4. Give Details as to the problem if possible.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation