Question

Honor Student
chrisj12
Message 1 of 7 (1,324 Views)

Webcam won`t turn on

I  have G62-219CA  and windows 7 with a webcam.

I have updated the cyberlink youcam software and when I start the software it says that no webcam was detected and to turn on the camera. Same message in skype.

There is no camera listed in the device manager.

Is there a way of turning a built in webcam on or off?

Thanks!!!!!!

Chris

Teacher
Jtom
Message 2 of 7 (1,306 Views)

Re: Webcam won`t turn on

Was the camera working before you updated the software?

Did you tick the arrow next to "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager?

Honor Student
chrisj12
Message 3 of 7 (1,301 Views)

It`s a brand new machine, so the camera has never worked. I only updated the software in an attempt to get it working.

In "device manager", I click on "sound, video and game controllers" and there is a cyberlink webcam virtual driver which is up to date when you go into driver details. I actually only just found that when I went looking to answer your question.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Chris

Teacher
Jtom
Message 4 of 7 (1,294 Views)

I have a G60 w/win7.  In Device Manager I have "HP Webcam-101" under the "Imaging devices" heading.  You should have something similar, if not the same.

Honor Student
chrisj12
Message 5 of 7 (1,291 Views)

I do not even have the imaging devices header. 

What is the name of the driver you have installed?

Thanks|

Teacher
Jtom
Message 6 of 7 (1,275 Views)

I have the generic microsoft driver, but my webcam shows up in device manager, yours does not.  According to your specs you should have a webcam.  You say it never worked so there could be a connection issue, it could be broken, or maybe they forgot to put the camera in.

I don't know where to go from here.  Maybe someone with more webcam knowledge will jump in here.

How long ago did you buy this laptop?  If you bought it recently from a local store, you should be able to exchange it for another, or they may be able to repair it.

Honor Student
chrisj12
Message 7 of 7 (1,274 Views)

I bought it a couple of days ago, so taking it back to the store is the most logical.

Thanks for the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation