Question

Honor Student
elmo194855
Message 1 of 8 (26,249 Views)
Accepted Solution

What is the red light above the touchpad area that I occasionally see, and cursor disappears?

Grad Student
Homerepairman
Message 2 of 8 (26,247 Views)

Re: What is the red light above the touchpad area that I occasionally see, and cursor disappears?

On my DV7 that switch turns off the touchpad.

If you use a wireless mouse you can turn it off.

Honor Student
elmo194855
Message 3 of 8 (26,245 Views)

Re: What is the red light above the touchpad area that I occasionally see, and cursor disappears?

I have an HP G62 laptop fyi.  There is no actual button, just a red light that appears.  Am I doing something accidentally to turn off touchpad?

Grad Student
Reikableu
Message 4 of 8 (26,240 Views)

that is the touchpad button... the pin hole is the button... if you tap it twice the color will change.... that turns the touchpad on or off...

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
Student
blargyman
Message 5 of 8 (26,211 Views)

Signed up just to add kudos to you!  I can work my laptop without a mousepad, but would rather not (since my mouse is missing).  Helped me turn on my mousepad, and solved an annoyance I had with this laptop.  Thanks!

-Mike

Grad Student
Reikableu
Message 6 of 8 (26,159 Views)

thanks for the Kudos. happy to help!! ^^,

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
Honor Student
MTR013
Message 7 of 8 (23,943 Views)

Kudos from me too. It's great to get rid of the mousepad!
Student
Dolphin05
Message 8 of 8 (22,726 Views)

pls,

what is the red light above the touchpad area that i am seeing right now?

tks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation