Question

Top Student
Ser_Can
Message 1 of 7 (7,223 Views)

Which docking Station for HP ENVY dv6 7200sl ?

Hello.

I have a HP ENVY dv6 7200sl with Windows 8 and I would like to get a docking station, but I can not find any information about it.

Is there a compatible docking station for my notebook?

If not, is it possible to use a universal USB docking station? Could you suggest a model (I think a usb 3.0 docking station should work)?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Teacher
hptech01
Message 2 of 7 (7,207 Views)

Re: Which docking Station for HP ENVY dv6 7200sl ?

Hi,

hope i can help you.

I think you can use the below docking station 3.0:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Docking-Stations-and-Stands/H2L6...

or this 2.0:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Accessories/Docking-Stations-and-Stands/H2L6....

Any questions or doubts please ask.

Best regards

Top Student
Ser_Can
Message 3 of 7 (7,198 Views)

Thank you very much for your fast and clear answer.

I will need to get some USB adapters for my devices (e.g. keyboard) to use these docking stations, but I think they will be ok.

My screen has a VGA exit. It will be ok to use a HDMI adapter to connect it to the USB 3.0 docking station, in your opinion?

Thank you.

Teacher
hptech01
Message 4 of 7 (7,193 Views)

Hi,

pleasure is all mine to help.

Yes you can use that kind of adapter usually they work fine no worries i also use vga adapter to hdmi to connect to my external monitor and i´ve never had any issues.

But about usb 3.0 make sure your devices support 3.0 case it´s more expensive than the 2.0 and if you don´t use 3.0 devices will be a waste of money.

Any questions or doubts please share.

Thanks, good luck and best regards.

Student
Joekatt
Message 5 of 7 (6,317 Views)

If I purchase that docking station will I be able to connect a monitor and keyboard, and close the laptop?  Will the external monitor still show up, or will it go black?

Thanks!

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 6 of 7 (6,303 Views)

Hello Joekatt,

I understand you want to use your laptop on an external monitor with lid closed, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

1.       Click on the start button

2.       Type power (Do not press enter)

3.       Click on power options

4.       Click on Change plan settings

5.       Click on Change advanced power settings

6.       You should get a box that comes up and locate the option “Power buttons and lid”

7.       Expand section and click on lid close action

8.       Of the options it lists, change to do nothing (see the screenshot below)

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Honor Student
m_m_m
Message 7 of 7 (4,490 Views)

I have a HP ENVY dv6t notebook with Quad Core I7-3630QM processor. Not sure what the exact model number, or unique id is, seems also to be listed as HP ENVY dv6t-7200 CTO Quad Edition Notebook.

I could not find a page on the HP site where you can find an appropriate docking station for a given HP notebook. The docking stations and port replicators listed on the HP Accessories pages do not seem to include in the specs the notebook models they are suitable for it.

Please, advise on docking station options for this notebook.

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation