Question

Honor Student
Sean7130
Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

White Noise Problem

[ Edited ]

I have an issue all of the sudden where whenever i plug a microphone into my laptop and record with it, it has an extreme white noise in the background.  All of my Mic's pick it up, even the internal pc mic.  I originally thought that it must be picking up some signal in my room, but i went to all the different rooms in my house and it was still there.  It was originally only there when i had a microphone plugged in.  But while watching a live telecast online recently it started coming through.  Another weird thing is that my headset microphone has a feature where i can remove the mic from it.  But even after i remove it and turn the mic volume level all the way down the white noise still comes through.  But this only happens when a mic is plugged in and i record something or im watching a livestream.  There is no whitenoise in music or anything else.  I feel like there is some setting im missing.  All drivers are updated, and have been uninstalled and reinstalled.  Any ideas would be great.

Sean

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)

Re: White Noise Problem

Hi Sean7130,

I would be happy to assist if needed. Please let me know what is your model number and your current operating system? Here is a link that will help you find your model.
Here is a general document on troubleshooting microphone issues.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Sean7130
Message 3 of 4 (101 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Im on windows 7 and this is my computer

HP Pavilion dv6-7010us Entertainment Notebook PC 
Serial Number:   [Edited for Personal Information]
Product Number:   B5S11UA 

Another issue im having is when me, or someone in a video stops talking the backgound noise slowly gets louder and louder.  I originally thouht it was my headset microphone but it happened with all my other mics as well.  Any help would be great.

Sean

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 4 of 4 (94 Views)

Hey Sean7130,

Thank you for the additional information. Here is a link to troubleshoot the microphone. I would go to the section marked

check the microphone settings. If that does not work I would uninstall the headset and restart the computer and it should install it automatically.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation