Question

Student
oselby
Message 1 of 4 (2,025 Views)

Why does it take so long for boot up, windows 7

Just got a new laptop pavilion dv7 with windows 7 and it takes forever to boot up, why?

Honor Student
newkid2
Message 2 of 4 (2,020 Views)

Re: Why does it take so long for boot up, windows 7

I have just got a new pavilion dv6 and I am having the same problem, it is so slow.  I posted a question yesterday and havent got an answer yet.  I have deleted lots of the programmes it came with and it made no difference, cant get hold of anyone from HP so as soon as ive figured how to wipe it its going back to the shop.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 4 (2,012 Views)

Hi,

Check the link below:

How to speed up system boot time and performance.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
terriblehp
Message 4 of 4 (996 Views)

My hp pavilion is so bad.  It is a year old and I am ready to give up the $800. I paid for it and get a Toshiba like my husband has and at half the cost.  It is a far superior laptop.  My hp takes forever to start up, I keep getting that annoying little rotating circle forever, I cannot disable hp support, it crashes at will.  It is AWFUL.  No wonder HP is having its issues as a company.  I would love for Meg Whitman to see this comment and respond.   Does anyone else have these hideously annoying issues?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation