Question

Honor Student
nessedelrio
Message 1 of 4 (556 Views)

Why does my probook 6455b says non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready

I dont know what happened, and I reallly dont know what to do. All it says is non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (554 Views)

Re: Why does my probook 6455b says non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when rea

It means that when you pressed the power button to start your notebook the BIOS looked for the boot disk for Windows (normally C:smileyhappy: and did not find a hard disk with a good boot sector.

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following example of an HP notebook's barcoded sticker. Your barcode may be slightly different but will still have the important imformation needed for us to help you.  The p/n (product name) is the critical identifying information you need to post here.

###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and whether the CPU is an AMD or Intel product

Not posting all of the information as requested will delay our responses and slow troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

Is your notebook/PC still within its warranty period?

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 4 (543 Views)

Re: Why does my probook 6455b says non-system disk or disk error replace and strike any key when rea

Hi,

Check your HDD with built-in Bios tester.

It looks that you need to replace it with new one.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
dsfsdfs
Message 4 of 4 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]

intel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation