Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So I have an HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 with:
-8 gigs of RAM
-Intel Core i7 Processor (2.10 GHz)
-Nvidia Geforce GT 650M 2GB
-Windows 7 64 bit

-580 gig Hard Drive (Over 200 gigs of space left)

And when I play bigger games like Skyrim, Portal 2, Just Cause 2, anything with moderately good graphics lags like crazy. When I first play, it's fine. I get well over 30 FPS. But then it randomly hits a 30-60 second point of 2 FPS, which is unplayable. This all started around Christmas time. It used to run Skyrim on max setting with literally no lag. But now has the 2 FPS lag issue when I know that my computer has the perfectly fine specs to run just about most games.

What could be the problem? I tried a lot of things, like Gamebooster, uninstalling a whole bunch of stuff, running Norton scans for viruses, but nothing seems to work. I had the "22 Find" virus thingy at one point, but I though I got rid of it somehow.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey CarterRobinson, 

I'm sorry you're running into this graphics issue. First, you'll want to make sure your driver are up-to-date. I can provide you with direct link to the latest driver versions if you could let me know what your product number is. Here are the steps to find your product number. FN + ESC is the quickest way to pull it up. 

Also do you have Norton 360, Anti-Virus or Internet Securities that you're running scans with?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

I'm actually having the same problem, but playing less bigger games at the lowest graphic settings in an attempt to relieve my issues... My computer's product number is G9D74UA#ABA

HP Recommended

it can be a lot of things , old drivers , viruses which did some damage to OS , overheating laptop which cuts performance , faulty HDD , and so on ..

HP Recommended

Well, I have no viruses, I'm pretty sure that my HDD is not faulty and I have no idea how to update my drivers....

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I should have probably mentioned this earlier but, I don't have the same graphics card as original poster, my graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I own a Windows 8.1 64bit

To be more specific, my computer's specs are:

-4gigs of RAM

-Intel (R)PENTIUM(R) CPU N3520 @2.16GHz

-Windows 8.1 64bit 

-Intel(R) HD Graphics

-500 GB Hard Drive (over 400GB free)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.