Question

Student
kevancoe
Message 1 of 21 (51,179 Views)

Why is my recovery drive almost full and how do i clean it.

Also why is my hard drive almost full when i have very little on the computer?
Intern
FrankyP
Message 2 of 21 (51,170 Views)

Re: Why is my recovery drive almost full and how do i clean it.

If I understand the question, your recovery drive is the portion of your hard drive dedicated to files necessary to restore your operating files. My recovery drive has always been almost full because HP divided my hard drive leaving just enough room for those files.

I'm not sure why your hard drive is filling up even though you aren't storing much on it. 

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 21 (51,174 Views)

FrankyP has it covered as far as the Recovery drive. As to the C drive..if you are running Vista it is MS System Restore making restore points. Vista is setup to use an unusually large % of hdd space.Many power users tweak the setting to reduce the amount.

For easy cleanup. right click the C drive and choose Properties, next click the button for 'Cleanup'. Let it scan,may take a minute or two. In the window that opens showing files to cleanup click the tab at top "More Options" .Look for the section on  System Restore & Shadow copies and choose to cleanup there also. This takes a couple of minutes but afterwards you should see a big % of hdd space returned.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
joanna2091
Message 4 of 21 (46,526 Views)

Re: Why is my recovery drive almost full what should i do?

My recovery drive is full more than the local disk, what should i do and how to clean the recovery drive.

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 21 (46,519 Views)

Re: Why is my recovery drive almost full what should i do?

Do not alter the Recovery partition. As Franky answered above>>"your recovery drive is the portion of your hard drive dedicated to files necessary to restore your operating files. My recovery drive has always been almost full because HP divided my hard drive leaving just enough room for those files".

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
peecays
Message 6 of 21 (45,749 Views)

My recovery drive is almost full and my computer is slow now.How can i clean it up.

Honor Student
susiegirl1951
Message 7 of 21 (44,679 Views)

i need to clean the recovery disk and need instruction thank you

Tutor
DeclanWoodham
Message 8 of 21 (44,652 Views)

Heyy guys,

a easy fix for this is to go into disk mangement and reformat that drive then go onto control panel search recovery and set that drive to recover its quite simple really

Top Student
amrobins
Message 9 of 21 (40,830 Views)

peecays wrote:

My recovery drive is almost full and my computer is slow now.How can i clean it up.

Student
coolanny
Message 10 of 21 (33,477 Views)

Why is my recovery drive almost full and how do i clean it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation