Question

Student
miodeq
Message 1 of 3 (1,827 Views)

Why my HP Pavilion is so slow ?

Hi people! A few days ago I bought a new HP Pavilion DV7-7051SW i7-3610qm. There was a Windows Home Premium x64 installed in it, but there was only one partition, so I decided to change the operating system into Professional x64. I've installed all needed drivers and windows updates. I can't get know why my notebook works so slow. It reacts for simple mouse clicking on a desktop for 2-3 seconds. Even opening apps which don't require so much memory etc. Does anyone know what the problem is ?

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 3 (1,786 Views)

Re: Why my HP Pavilion is so slow ?

[ Edited ]

Hello miodeq,

Take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve the slowness you are experiencing.  You never mention which operating system you have and upgraded to, but I deducted Windows 8 because you mention opening apps.

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
JeepGirl76
Message 3 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Why my HP Pavilion is so slow ?

I'm having nearly the exact same problem. Had developed malware, so took my HP to Office Max. They wiped my computer clean and I gave them a professional version to upload and they did the whole driver thing, etc. Took the PC home and now it runs so incredibly slow that no internet pages will load. I'm working with Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation