Will this void the warranty? (1376 Views)
Tutor
GreatBlueSword
Message 1 of 3 (1,376 Views)

Will this void the warranty?

4 months after i bought my dv6, i realised that my HP laptop's harddrive lid isnt screwed and placed properly, so i removed the case and placed it properly again and it looked good as new. However, that involved me removing all 5 screwed partially, and then place the lid and screws back in order.

Will this void the warranty? There are no stickers taping on the hard drive lid. And it isnt my fault, since the laptop came with the harddrive lid not placed properly(some edges are stuck out). I have the extended warranty for 3 years, and if this DOES void the warranty, i m very upset with HP's service due to the fact they didnt place the lid properly.

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 3 (1,362 Views)

Re: Will this void the warranty?

This does not void warranty unless until there is a physical damage observed with the hard drive or the lid in the time of service. If there is no physical damage, the warranty support would be provided as normal terms and conditions.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
ffriesd
Message 3 of 3 (386 Views)

Re: Will this void the warranty?

My hp 2000 Notebook pc have a harddisk failure 3fo problem so getting out this i read that if your screw of harddisk not fitt sometime thia happen so i open case and just fitt it and close the case but problem is there .so can it destroyed my warrenty. No physical dammage to harddisk is done by me.now i feel very bad doing this please reply me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation