Question

Student
Aries702
Message 1 of 3 (2,512 Views)

Windows 8.1 Power Manager Compatability

I've recently upgraded to WIndows 8.1. Shortly after my  HP Pavilion dv6 reported that the power manager was not compatible with 8.1. I clicked where it said to search online for help with the installation, and it was nowhere to be found. Do you guys have the driver upgrade available for this? Every time I unplug my power cord after charging, the screen goes blank for a second then it re-appears'. Please help! Thanks.

Student
Katim
Message 2 of 3 (2,185 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 Power Manager Compatability

I an unable to access windows explorer from anything other than google.  My desktop icon doesn't get me there, nor does the tab on windows 8.1.  I also get a message  that my driver for hp power manager is not compatible and that AMD catalyst is missing files.  all since my upgrade to 8.1 and internet explorer 11.

Any suggestions?

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 3 of 3 (2,022 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 Power Manager Compatability

Hi Katiim,

Thank you for you inquiry.  I am pleased to assist you!

I understand that you have updated to Windows 8.1, but now you are getting the error that the driver for the HP power management utility, is not compatible. Windows 8 and 8.1 have a built in, power management tool.  I would remove the HP power management utility as there is not, an updated drivers for it.  Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 8). This will assist you, in working with the Windows power management.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation