Yahoo Search Bar (2204 Views)
Student
dfdtrumpet
Message 1 of 7 (2,204 Views)

Yahoo Search Bar

[ Edited ]

This search bar came with installed on the HP Pavilion I have, and I was wondering if there was any way to remove it. It takes up alot of room on my taskbar and I can only get three boxes before things fold into themselves. Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by dfdtrumpet on 02-26-2009 02:29 PM
Teacher
Toronto699
Message 2 of 7 (2,176 Views)

Re: Yahoo Search Bar

you have 2 choices , u can remove {yahoo search } from add remove programs or u can click the little arrow below the eyeglass and uncheck yahoo search
Student
Rohan
Message 3 of 7 (1,959 Views)

I have the same problem on my HP Pavillion TX1000 notebook, but neither of those options worked. The little arrow shows yahoo search is already unchecked (but it's still there!) and add/remove doesn't even have yahoo search in it. This thing on my taskbar is reeally annoying! Please help!
Teacher
Toronto699
Message 4 of 7 (1,953 Views)

right click on the taskbar ,  then click tool bars uncheck yahoo search ...
Honor Student
sg1der
Message 5 of 7 (1,881 Views)

I am having the same problem with HP yahoo search bar on my laptop. I have tried all the things Toronto 669 has said to do. I have vista operating system on this and the advice Toronto is giving is fo XP and I got the same advice from afriend who runs it. That advice doesn't work please advise me if you find anything out. Thank You!

Teacher
Toronto699
Message 6 of 7 (1,862 Views)

my suggestion worked on my  Vista HDX 18 laptop and my Vista Dell XPS730  
Honor Student
sg1der
Message 7 of 7 (1,853 Views)

ok here it is it is there but ......... listen to this right click on task bar and when it opens it says HP advisor for a task bar uncheck that item because there is no yahoo there     sorry and thanks toronto 669

it will take the hp yahoo search off the task bar for you        if you have problems as I did please post it here

it isn't a very clear item for us slow people to get         the renameing of things     thanks to all who helped me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation