Question

Student
jessicad169
Message 1 of 2 (1,478 Views)

Youcam issues with websites like Tinychat and Omegle

Every time I try to use Omegle or Tinychat, chat rooms with webcams, my screen remains blank where my face should be but, the program does not say that it doesn't recognize my webcam. I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again. Also, when I click on the Youcam progam, the cam comes on and so does the light that tells you it is working. I can then see my face when the program finishes loading. I do not understand why it refuses to work for tinychat and omegle.

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 2 of 2 (1,440 Views)

Re: Youcam issues with websites like Tinychat and Omegle

Hey jessicad169, 

I'm sorry you're running into this issue using the webcam. The great news is that the webcam works in the YouCam software so there aren't any hardware or driver problems.

I need to know more about your computer. It looks like Omegle is only for Android operating systems and Tinychat requires Windows 7 or below.

What is your product number? You can find that by pressing the FN + ESC keys. What operating system do you have? Windows 7 or 8?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation