Question

Honor Student
ecjoy
Message 1 of 7 (12,659 Views)

a problem with this web page caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

Tutor
Andrew51967
Message 2 of 7 (12,644 Views)

Re: a problem with this web page caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

I think IE settings are wrong and this is causing the issue...

My option would be to reset IE settings...

Open IE

Select Tools

Select Advanced Tab

2 thirds down is option to reset IE, select Reset

Once complete select Close

Restart IE and hopefully your issue is solved....

Failing that you need to disable any add-ons in IE....

Start

All Programs

Accessories

System Tools

Select IE (No add-ons)

Browse web via this...

Let me know how you get on...

Honor Student
ecjoy
Message 3 of 7 (12,622 Views)

Re: a problem with this web page caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

Andrew,

That worked and at least i can get on the internet but I cannot use internet explorer so I guess tha't where my  problem is but I don't know what to do about it. I downloaded a program to scan my computer and it found a lot of errors but would only fix 11 of them or I had to buy it for 34.95. I guess i could do that but I don't know how reputable the program is or if it would solve the problem

Thanks for your help anyway

Tutor
Andrew51967
Message 4 of 7 (12,605 Views)

Whatever you do, do not purchase that software....yes it fixed some issues, but you have to ask yourself did it? The majority of times it's a scam o get you to purchase the software, which in turn causes more harm than good....Let me have a look deeper into trying to help you sort this, I'm sure there are other options to resolving it....

Tutor
Andrew51967
Message 5 of 7 (12,602 Views)

Which version of IE do you have the issue on?

Student
sle1946
Message 6 of 7 (11,192 Views)

I have installed Google chrome and don't know how to turn off internet explorer.  Now IE won't load my individual games on POGO and gives me the msg that"a problem with this web page caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab.  How do I turn off internet explorer 9 on my windows 7 laptop?

Student
hpema12
Message 7 of 7 (954 Views)

a problem with this web page caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation