Question

Student
evin1945
Message 1 of 2 (400 Views)

about HP probook 4310 notebook to change the wireless adapter problem

hi,

i had hp probook 4310 laptop. my wireless card is intel wifi link 1000bgn

that wireless adapter support 150 for wireless N speed transfer, i want to change to another intel 6200n adapter. because it supported 300n transfer speed. but when i plug in another adapter. my notebook cannot boot up. it said invaild wireless adapter. when i insert the orginal adapter., it is fine no error message. so how can i change my adapter. i believe it is bios locked configuration.

thank you

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (384 Views)

Re: about HP probook 4310 notebook to change the wireless adapter problem

Hi,

HP in Bios is putting information which wireless cards may be used with specific models. When card is not listed there then it will not boot. That's why you have this situation.

Is it possible to obtain the desired result?

Yes. :smileyhappy:

You may install in this laptop model Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11b/g/n WLAN module.

Specifications for this device you may find here on Intel page.

This card must be from HP and with specific part number:

480985-001 - in all countries and regions except Pakistan, Russia, and the Ukraine

482957-001 - in Pakistan, Russia, and the Ukraine

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation