03-17-2010 02:51 AM
i figured out that it has something to do with languages, because when i go to the Language bar (on the Taskbar) and change the language from English (United States) to English (Canada), some of the blue keys start happening instead of what is in white. However, I still don't know how to get, for example, the "Paragraph" symbol/function on the 'P' key... just lowercase or uppercase 'P' will show.
i also contacted HP support, and this is what they said:
To activate the blue keys please press Ctrl+Fn+Right Shift.
To deactivate, press Ctrl+Fn+Right Shift (twice), meaning Ctrl+Fn+Right Shift then let go of Shift while still holding Ctrl and FN, then press Shift again.
Paul, I am also providing you the alternate procedure of changing keyboard language when needed.
1. Click Start and then Control Panel
2. In the result window you will get an option at the right hand topside for View all form that drop down select Category.
3. Now select the option Change Display language Under Clock language and Region.
4. Form the result window Region and Language you will get an option for Change Keyboards.
5. Select it.
6. There you will get an option: Default Input language; select the drop down select the language you need to work with like English.
7. If it is present over there then select it and click over Apply and Ok.
03-01-2012 04:40 PM
I can not get some of my blue keys to work. Like on the number 4 key there is a cents sign in blue and i don't know how to activate it. I have figured out some of the other keys just by trial and error but there are still I cannot figure out. Is there a manual somewhere I can download?