Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I HAVE A NEW HP PAVILION G4 AND TODAY THE CAPS LOCK KEY WONT TURN OFF.. VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN TRYING TO SEND WORK EMAILS.  HELP!

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to hit Caps lock key again ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
YES AND IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING. ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME. DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
HP Recommended

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
HP Recommended

I have shut down my computer, taken the battery out and still everytime my pc starts up or comes out of hybernation my caps lock key is stuck on. I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS.

HP Recommended

Hello Sherry_liebe,

What is your product number?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

HAVE SAME PROBLEM. 

PRODUCT NO QJ041EA#AKD

SERIAL NO 5CB141255L

PRESARIO CQ57

HP Recommended

Hello Jakub-pl

I would encourage you to post which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Windows 7 with latest service pack, 64-bit version.

I tried reinstall of windows from image-disk, but nothing has change.

HP Recommended

Hello Jakub-pl

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry about what operating system you are running. In your case I would recommend that you visit the Compaq Presario CQ57-303SW Notebook PC Drivers page and ensure that ALL your drivers are up to date. You may have to choose Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) from the drop-down box and click Next. From there you can scroll down and see ALL the drivers and software for your computer. I would recommend ensuing that the BIOS update has been completed. Once you BIOS is up to date start on your Drivers. The first driver you should do every time is the Chipset drivers if they are available. Once you have done that you can do any of the other drivers in whatever order you choose. Remember that Chipset may not always have drivers if not just start updating your drivers. When you have completed the drivers start updating the software until they are all up to date.

This should resolve your keyboard issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.