Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I read about this on other forums and tried it at the beginning (BIOS and drivers). Also after reinastallaiotn of Windows I did the upgrade of drivers.

With no result.

HP Recommended

Hello again Jakub-pl

Thank you for the updated information. So since the updated drivers are of no help what we can try next is to reinstall the original drivers that came with your computer. You can do this by following the HP Support document Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7). This document will explain to you have to retrieve and reinstall your drivers from the HP_Tools partition. We know the drivers work as they did when you first bought your computer so this should be the solution you are looking for. If it is not I would recommend that you try another keyboard and see if that does not resolve your issue as it may be a the Cap Lock key itself that is not working.

Let me know how things turn out. Thank you for posting again on the HP Forums. Have a great day! 

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

As i wrote, I tried to reinstall windows 7, using Restore Software function - so after that drivers were original. Nothing changes, CAPS LOCK still on.

Ater that I have download newest drivers from HP website. Also without any good result.

First time, that problem appears was on old drivers.

HP Recommended

Hello again Jakub-pl

I am sorry the drivers did not work for you. Have you tried another keyboard to see if it was the keyboard itself that is the issue? If the key itself that is the issue we may have a hardware issue with the keyboard itself. To test it if you have a USB keyboard plug it in and restart. If the Cap Lock works on that you will have to contact HP Technical Support as it would appear to be a physical issue and I think it would be best if you contacted HP technical support for repair options.

US support link to contact options for laptops purchased in the US.

Outside of US support link to contact options for laptops purchased outside the US.

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

And that kind of answer qualifies you as an "HP Expert"? No wonder so many HP issues go unsolved for long periods of time. If I were the one who had asked the original question I would have been even more insullted by your answer than I already am. That said, after explaining "If hitting the Cap lock key again didn't fix the problem, do the following..." would have been a proper reply.

HP Recommended
when I press Caps Lock key
why do HP laptop shutdown
HP Recommended

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!  VERY FRUSTRATING!

HP Recommended

Hi! @CGK114, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand light on the caps lock key is not turning off on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try connecting an external keyboard and press the caps lock and check if the caps lock light turns off.

Try the steps recommended below.

In search type device manager.
Open Device Manager.
Right click on HID keyboard device select uninstall.
Restart your PC the keyboard drivers should automatically get installed.
Check if the caps lock light is still turned on.

Also, try restoring the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

Turn on your PC keep tapping the F10 key, you will boot into BIOS.

From the main or file menu select restore defaults.

Select F10 to save changes and exit.

If the issue still persists try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please let me know the outcome.
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.