Question

Student
endoman
Message 1 of 5 (2,542 Views)

choppy streaming video

I have a new hp laptop. On websites with video's such as youtube the streaming v ideo is choppy and sometimes erratic. Some video's play back OK. What might be most common problem?

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 5 (2,503 Views)

Re: choppy streaming video

Hi,

Graphic driver or using old plugins for browser which are needed to watch this movies (example: Adobe flash).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 3 of 5 (2,495 Views)

here is some info on this from this link

Flash Player Help

check under display settings

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Student
easyrider1
Message 4 of 5 (1,606 Views)

When streaming internet video. sound and picture are erratic and choppy... how can I fix

Provost
DavidPK
Message 5 of 5 (1,600 Views)

Hi,

Try a clean installation as follows.

First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

Flash Player Uninstaller.

When the download has completed, close all browser windows, open your Download folder and run the uninstaller.  After this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next, ( unless you already have it ), download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash.  Note: You may want to deselect the option to include McAfee Security Scan Plus before downloading.

Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.

Launch Firefox and see if videos etc play Ok in this browser - if they do, close Firefox, open Internet Explorer and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component.  When done, restart Internet Explorer.

If you still get the loading problem, run a check on the speed of your internet connection using a site like the one on the link below, in case this is what's causing the problem.

http://speedtest.net/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation