Question

ewn Honor Student
Honor Student
ewn
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)
Accepted Solution

clickpad doesn't work on Hp laptop

My son disabled my clickpad on my HP. I've tried everything to get it working again. Double-tapping it doesn't work. Downloading an ALPS driver doesn't work...can someone help me? It shouldn't be this hard! The light is off and I have the clickpad, not the touchpad - it looks like one big pad with two small buttons for right/left click. it DOESN'T have an on/off switch. THANK YOU.

Intern
PeterCal
Message 2 of 4 (203 Views)

Re: clickpad doesn't work on Hp laptop

Which model computer do you have? Sometimes there is a button tied to the Fn key which when pressed will disable click/touchpads. If we knew what model you were using it's possible we could determine whether or not that is the problem.

This has happened to my wife, it's incredibly frustrating to figure out why. I replaced drivers multiple times on hers before figuring out there was a button. On hers, it was Fn + F7. Doubt it would be the same on another model, but that may give you a clue. If not, the model number would be a big help.

ewn Honor Student
Honor Student
ewn
Message 3 of 4 (198 Views)

THANK YOU!!! It WAS the fn + f7 key:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Intern
PeterCal
Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)

Ah, awesome. Glad I could help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation