Question

Top Student
tampa12
Message 1 of 2 (773 Views)

compaq presario cq50-110us will not come on

I tried all the HP online instructions on trying to get my laptop to come on, I went to a technician he said that this was a common problem with HP Compaq laptops, he thought that it needs a mother board.  The laptop is a couple of years old.  Are there anyother solutions?  has there been any extention of warranties because of recalls of this brand of laptops.  What about recovery disk?

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 2 (749 Views)

Re: compaq presario cq50-110us will not come on

A recovery disk would not help if the laptop will not turn on at all.  Try doing a Hard Reset. You can do this by removing the battery and unplugging the AC Adapter. Then press and hold the power button on the laptop for about 30 seconds, then put the battery back in and plug in the AC Adapter and try turning it on again. It's likely that this has already been tried, but try for yourself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation