compaq presario cq60 wireless connection problems? (6199 Views)
Student
fitzy90
Message 1 of 5 (6,199 Views)

compaq presario cq60 wireless connection problems?

over the last few months I've noticed that the wireless connection from this laptop appears to be dropping for no apparent reason. I will be surfing the net for a period of time and then for some reason it decides to restart my wireless net gear router. this has happened at both my home and at my halls of residence at university and im interested in knowing  why this laptop is unable to stay connected to a wireless router for a reasonable amount of time. The internet connection drops every two minutes and then it turns the light on the router orange? yet when other laptops connect to the router there are none of the problems brought up by this laptop so it would appear it is a laptop issue rather than a router problem.any help is much appreciated as with university starting again the internet continually disconnecting can be very frustrating.any advice really appreciated. 

Tutor
Djmhix
Message 2 of 5 (6,181 Views)

Re: compaq presario cq60 wireless connection problems?

You might try reinstalling the drivers of the wireless card, you can also update the BIOS of the notebook, last thing that you can look at is the settings of the wireless card, it might be set to power saving mode and it would turn off the wireless card when there is no wireless activity for a certain period. Hope these helps. :smileywink:

- Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
- Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Teacher
densyo12
Message 3 of 5 (6,180 Views)

download windows and HP update bios,wlan driver, if it will not work try to uninstall HP wireless assistant. if you can reseat the wireless card one options is restating it w/o wlan card then turn it off and reconnect the wlan card again this time the system board will detect the wlan card but if your not familiar on removing it ask for some help.,maybe there might be a loose connection w/ the antenna cables. if it will work back up your files do a system recovery to isolate hard from software.

rtm Student
Student
rtm
Message 4 of 5 (5,182 Views)

I am trying to use a Sprint Overdrive Pro80 hotspot. My cq60 recognizes this connection, but I am not able to connect to the internet.

Honor Student
kantonburg
Message 5 of 5 (4,808 Views)

My father's CQ60 is experiencing the same problems.  Thought it was the spotty router I used to have that has known overheating problems.

Replaced router and issue still persists. 

Anyone found a solution for this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation