Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g series  Windows 7

received message that my cooling fan is not working and could damage my data and computer.  How do I fix this?

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

It benefits to have the complete model number and product code in your post.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

hp pavilion g7 1317 cl notebook Pc Product# a7a38ua

Thank You.

I apologize for being a complete idiot novice.

HP Recommended

Did you think your an idiot, never crossed my mind. In a hurry novice, yes.

How to clean the fan ports:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439

How old is this unit? Still under warranty?

If the fan is not working, you need to replace is ASAP.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

mine is not working in my pavilion G...bought may 2011.....fins are clean as can be..always blow it out.....could you recommend a place to buy a replacement fan??.....thanks in advance..

HP Recommended
model: g6-1a59wm..prduct : LH621UA#ABA
HP Recommended

I am also having problems with my hp pavilion g7v series. Are there any instructions on how to replace the fan if you have the part?

HP Recommended

Mine is Pavillon g6-1310ee, with product number: A7Q25EA#ABV; bought it from UAE on 28 April 2012, still has warranty.

I'm getting the following warning, tried to clean the fans but nothing changed...:

The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.
System Fan (90b)

The fan is not making any high sound, but this warning made me really worried...
Does it need a new fan?
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g7 Nootbook PC not working need part number for replacement

HP Recommended

my cooling fan is not working... please help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.