Question
cooling fan not working on HP Pavilion g series
Replies (24)

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 21 of 25 (2,130 Views)

Re: cooling fan not working on HP Pavilion g series

Hi redneckhuff:

Thank you for you inquiry. I will do my best to help!

I understand that your fan is not working.   Do you get an error message?  I am sending you a link to "Error: CPU Fan Failed"   click here. If you decide to change the fan yourself  I would suggest you start with a large piece of paper and make some squares or grids  on it. When disassembling place the screws and parts in each square in order. When you go to re assemble you can follow your squares backwards and ensuring the parts and the screws are going into the correct place.  I am  sending you a link to a YouTube Video on  "How to Fix an Overheating Laptopclick here. I hope this helps.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
margaretpattie
Message 22 of 25 (1,621 Views)

ser1973 wrote:

HP Pavilion g series  Windows 7

received message that my cooling fan is not working and could damage my data and computer.  How do I fix this?

Honor Student
ramzan
Message 23 of 25 (1,594 Views)

cooling fan not working on HP Pavilion g series

dear i havemy laiptop cooling fan not working on HP Pavilion g series kindly tell me how i can make my laiptob fan it work

Student
JR45
Message 24 of 25 (1,383 Views)

The cooling fan is not operating correctly, how do i fix it? my pc model is hp pavilion g4

Student
M-FIGUEREDO
Message 25 of 25 (1,341 Views)

i GET THE SAME MESSAGE AT WHEN STARTING UP THE LAPTOP (g7) I DISCOVER THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPENS ALWAYS , JUST SOMETIMES, AND THAT USING A CLIP TO MOVE THE FAN BLADES , IT SUDDENLY STARTS RUNNIG. AFTER THAT IT KEEPS WORKING WITHOUT MORE ISSUES. TRY IT. 

1. START THE LAPTOP

2. IF MESSAGE COMES UP SIMPLT HIT ENTER

3. LOCATE THE FAN (BACK LEFT SIDE OF LAPTOP)

4. USE A CLIP OR SOMETHING SMALL ENOUGH TO GO THROUGH THE GAPS.

5. MOVE THE BLADES FORWARD AND BACKWARDS A COUPLE OF TIMES UNTIL THE FAN STARTS WORKING

AND YES I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A NEW ONE, BUT INSTALLING IT REQUIRES OPENNING AND PUTING APRT THE WHOLE LAPTOP. SO I DECIDED i WILL KEEP USING TTHIS TRICK. IT WORK EVERY TIME AND TAKES 3 SECONDS.  BESIDES, THE MESSAGE ONLY APPEARS FROM TIME TO TIME. 

I DO NOT THINK IS SOFWARE RELATED LIKE TO UPDATE BIOS. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation