Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi redneckhuff:

Thank you for you inquiry. I will do my best to help!

I understand that your fan is not working.   Do you get an error message?  I am sending you a link to "Error: CPU Fan Failed"   click here. If you decide to change the fan yourself  I would suggest you start with a large piece of paper and make some squares or grids  on it. When disassembling place the screws and parts in each square in order. When you go to re assemble you can follow your squares backwards and ensuring the parts and the screws are going into the correct place.  I am  sending you a link to a YouTube Video on  "How to Fix an Overheating Laptopclick here. I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

@ser1973 wrote:

HP Pavilion g series  Windows 7

received message that my cooling fan is not working and could damage my data and computer.  How do I fix this?

HP Recommended

dear i havemy laiptop cooling fan not working on HP Pavilion g series kindly tell me how i can make my laiptob fan it work

HP Recommended

The cooling fan is not operating correctly, how do i fix it? my pc model is hp pavilion g4

HP Recommended

i GET THE SAME MESSAGE AT WHEN STARTING UP THE LAPTOP (g7) I DISCOVER THAT IT DOES NOT HAPPENS ALWAYS , JUST SOMETIMES, AND THAT USING A CLIP TO MOVE THE FAN BLADES , IT SUDDENLY STARTS RUNNIG. AFTER THAT IT KEEPS WORKING WITHOUT MORE ISSUES. TRY IT. 

1. START THE LAPTOP

2. IF MESSAGE COMES UP SIMPLT HIT ENTER

3. LOCATE THE FAN (BACK LEFT SIDE OF LAPTOP)

4. USE A CLIP OR SOMETHING SMALL ENOUGH TO GO THROUGH THE GAPS.

5. MOVE THE BLADES FORWARD AND BACKWARDS A COUPLE OF TIMES UNTIL THE FAN STARTS WORKING

AND YES I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A NEW ONE, BUT INSTALLING IT REQUIRES OPENNING AND PUTING APRT THE WHOLE LAPTOP. SO I DECIDED i WILL KEEP USING TTHIS TRICK. IT WORK EVERY TIME AND TAKES 3 SECONDS.  BESIDES, THE MESSAGE ONLY APPEARS FROM TIME TO TIME. 

I DO NOT THINK IS SOFWARE RELATED LIKE TO UPDATE BIOS. 

HP Recommended

Brilliant solution! Worked right away. Ended up using a straightened out staple to fit through the crack. Not sure why it stopped but it fired right up after giving it a little push.

HP Recommended
I solved it for good. After sometime time the fan became slower amd slower until it stoped working completelly.

SOLUTION: i followed a youtube video to open tje laptop all the way until i was able to extract the fan. It took me an hour but it was wort it. I open the fan and realize it was dirty and had no lubricant. I cleannes it and put vick vaporhub instead of oil or grase. Yes you might be lughing and thinking its a joke BUT ITS NOT. it is the second time I used this tech ique And for some reason the thickness of the vaporhub is PERFECT for the fans. Oil will dry very soon and grease is too thick and slows down the fan. Vick vaporhub simebow is perfect. I fixed it 8 months ago and up to this day my lapto makes no noise, never got message again and I keep it runin a game and bot 24/7. So now I know it simply WORKS. Plus no buying stuff or ordering a new fan!
HP Recommended
The reason the fan does not work is simple, poor lubricant "grease" and dirt Why dirt? No edfin idea. I do not use my laptop outside the studio, never on bed, sofa or carpet, like many do. Yet, it hd an unbelievable amoun of ugky dirt inside where notting can reach it. Anyway now you can solve it foe free.
HP Recommended
Thanks! Do you have a link to the you tube video?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.