Question

Top Student
ulalilo
Message 1 of 6 (2,985 Views)
Accepted Solution

drivers for fingerprint reader under windows 7

I've reinstalled the 32 bits version of windows 7 on my computer HP pavilion dv6565ca (product number : gl980ua) but I've lost the appropriate drivers for the finger print reader Authentec, Inc  AES2501 fingerprint sensor, before it was working but now the Digitalpersonna personnal 4.11 program (updated recently)does not detect the fingerprint reader anymore, the logo appear on the logon screen but the device is not detected.

Can anybody give me the link to download the appropriate drivers? I can't find it.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (2,980 Views)

Re: drivers for fingerprint reader under windows 7

Hi:

Most of the time you can use the Vista drivers for anything you can't find in Windows 7.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-56074-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Paul

Top Student
ulalilo
Message 3 of 6 (2,975 Views)

Sorry, I tried but it still doesn't work, I know a solution exist because before it was working well with windows 7. I also noticed on different message boards after a long search that there is really an update because when people install W7 after vista this device was not working anymore with vista drivers, but HP released something to fix the problem.

the problem is I'm not the person who made the change to my computer the last time, so I don't know where to find.

And impossible to use the HP automatic detect because they only have vista installed on this computer as an option.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 6 (2,956 Views)

Hi:

I recommend you read the W7 upgrade guide for the dv6000/dv9000 models at the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv900...

Please read this section which is about halfway down the page.

ONLY IF YOUR MODEL HAS:  FINGERPRINT READER

1. Uninstall all previous fingerprint reader drivers and software

Check below guide how to do it (this is not standard uninstallation process):

How to uninstall AuthenTec fingerprint software and driver

2. You may install now correct fingeprint reader driver and software.

There are available two applications to this device:

- AuthenTec TrueSuite

and

- DigitalPersona Personal (recommended).

Information on how to install both softwares you will find in below guides:

AuthenTec TrueSuite, AuthenTec fingerprint and Windows 7

DigitalPersona Personal, AuthenTec fingerprint and Windows 7

Paul

Top Student
ulalilo
Message 5 of 6 (2,948 Views)

I have carefully uninstalled driver and all authentec programs, reinstalled the driver in your link and DigitalPersonna exactly as described but the finger print reader is still not detected. I've tried this driver with Digital personna 4.10 and 4.11 version but in both case it doesn't work.

I still need a solution.

Top Student
ulalilo
Message 6 of 6 (2,930 Views)

I've finally solved this problem by contacting Authentec the manufacturer of my fingerprint reader, he gave me the link for download HP SimplePass (to replace DigitalPersona) and the appropriate driver and now it's working perfectly.

PROBLEM SOLVED !

http://support.authentec.com/Home.aspx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation