Question

Honor Student
streetmlb28
Message 1 of 26 (44,166 Views)

dv6000 with new battery won't charge.

Hey, I recently purchased a new battery for my dv6000 notebook.  My original battery had a sticker that said replace with HP Spare 441425-001.  So I searched for a new battery online and purchased a new one.  But as I put in the new one, at first it didn't recognize there was a battery there unless I unplugged the AC adaptor.  And the battery wasn't fully charged.  And I tried to calibrate the new battery and now the battery will not charge. 

Did I purchase the wrong battery? 

Mike

Honor Student
streetmlb28
Message 2 of 26 (44,162 Views)

Re: dv6000 with new battery won't charge.

My S/N:CNF73043PC  P/N:RX942AV

I am running Windows Vista 32-bit.

Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 26 (44,106 Views)

The battery may be faulty.Try running HP Battery Check.It should be in your Start Menu,probably under HP.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
TComega50
Message 4 of 26 (43,527 Views)

I have the same problem.  I recently upgraded the HD, memory, and bought a new battery.  Downloaded latest BIOS and patches, reinstalled the OS (MS XP Pro) and installed HP Battery Check (with the .Net Framework).  Now, the laptop shows charging when AC adapter is plugged in, however it never charges the battery.  HP Battery Check shows the battery as "Not Present", yet displays 0%.  I tried every other trick in the book to no avail.  My next step is to find another DV6000 to test if it is in fact the battery.  If I can't find one, I'm going to order a replacement battery from the retailer.

Pavilion dv6105US, MS XP Pro SP3 32bit, AMD Turion 64 MK-36 2.0 GHZ, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Tutor
Leethel
Message 5 of 26 (41,707 Views)

I work in Sales & Tech Support for a major retailer here in Australia.

I have had this problem with two DV6000 series since nearly new.

Today I called a supplier to get a price on a battery (LCB378) which is a larger capacity than the (LCB300), the standard battery supplied.

The larger battery sticks out a 'little' like the feet but has twice the capacity. (More cells - all Sanyo).

This is the issue: THE BIOS DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE BATTERY.....

Sounds simple, and is simple.

A 'LITTLE BIRD' told me that quite simply it is a "KNOWN SOFTWARE ISSUE for which, THERE IS NO FIX"....

Yeah I wasnt sure either so I continued to give the VOIP phone a hard time and made some more calls.

The above statement regarding it being a software issue with no fix, was confirmed by (5) other reputable sources.

I called HP and was told; "ITS A PROBLEM WE WILL ALL HAVE TO LIVE WITH, BECAUSE THERE IS NO FIX" and anyway "HAVE I CONSIDERED UPGRADING"??

Yeah right.... A HP MAYBE?????  Sure.......

They are the facts.

If anyone comes up with a solution, please reply to this post.

Be assured I will do my part and work on the issue.

I think I will have to sacrifice a damned battery to do it.

Student
MTCFrancisco
Message 6 of 26 (33,616 Views)

Hi,

Were you able to resolve your problem with your spare battery?  I was considering purchasing the same battery type.

Thanks!

Top Student
TComega50
Message 7 of 26 (33,611 Views)

Since this laptop was partially rebuilt, I gave up on finding a resolution. I tore it apart to see if It was a motherboard problem (loose connections, etc.) but found nothing. Since then, I've swapped it with my kids laptop batteries that were dead and just use an AC adaptor.  This is one of 3 machines in my home office and it wasn't critical to restore it in perfect working order since I rebuilt most of it from fire damage.

Pavilion dv6105US, MS XP Pro SP3 32bit, AMD Turion 64 MK-36 2.0 GHZ, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Tutor
Leethel
Message 8 of 26 (33,597 Views)

I am sorry I havent replied before but there is no fix as I stated.

I recently bought a second hand one of these DV6000 (exactly the same as mine) for my nine year old.

THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE DIFFERENCE, software or hardware.

My sons laptop works fine and charges fine.

That same battery in mine says its flat.

The same battery in my wife's (DV6000) says its flat, hers is even a different product code in the same series.

Do what you like with the bios and it makes no different.

There are no physical differences

The fact that no-one from HP has jumped on here and screamed me down sorta confirms the issue is real.

The laptop works fine aside from this.

I loaded windows 7 and maxed out the Ram, that will do until next year when I will buy a new onw.

Probably not a HP.

Given the bad experience we had with a HP multimedia centre, I dont think we will go there again.

Build it myself sounds better.

The flashy, glossy HP cases do look nice though.

Its a big price to pay though.

Student
tonynguyen
Message 9 of 26 (28,311 Views)

Hey I have the exact same problem:

-Battery lights keeps on blinking

-Battery wont recharge, nor recognized.

-Furthermore the quick Volume and Internet Connection button no longer works.

Tried Restoring, Updates, search for answers on blogs.  No response.  The warranty is expired by a month....  Howeever, I just removed the battery and it works fine but Its no longer portable.  Tried purchasing a new battery but it didn't fix.  Definitely after 8 years as HP customer, considering moving to anther brand.

Top Student
lilee221
Message 10 of 26 (25,803 Views)

New Lithium-ion HP Pavilion DV6000 battery (8800mAh/10.8V) for original laptop models HP Pavilion DV6000 DV2000, Compaq Presario V3000 V3000T V3000Z V6000 V6000AU V6000T V6000TX V6000Z V6100 V6200 V6300 V6400 V6500z V6600 V6700 dv6298EA, HP G6000 G7000

Online Shop

in UK :

http://www.hp-laptop-batteries.co.uk/hp-pavilion-dv6000-series-battery.htm

http://www.all-batteries.co.uk/notebook-batteries/hp-pavilion-dv6000-series.htm

in USA : http://www.notebook-battery.org/notebook-batteries/hp-pavilion-dv6000-series.htm

in Australia: http://www.aubatteries.com.au/laptop-batteries/hp-pavilion-dv6000-series.htm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation