dv7-1267cl - starts on black screen, num/caps lock blinkings 4 times- HELP PLS (2882 Views)
Honor Student
Gjonny
Message 1 of 4 (2,882 Views)

dv7-1267cl - starts on black screen, num/caps lock blinkings 4 times- HELP PLS

I bought my dv7-1267cl last february and didnt use it much, except movies and internet surfing, i was trying to update its onscreen camera from HP website and this happened:

While installing that software computer died just like removing its battery, i was trying to restart it fan starts the only lights on the panal flash, sound is mute and wireless disabled.

So fan starts, if there is a CD or DVD in the BD-rom tries to read it, if you listen to the HDD closely it works you can hear it running, fan works at all time, numlock and caplock blink 4 times, also the 3 front lights (HDD, Battery and the other one they all flash 4 times) the screen is black nothing, not even HP logo or anything at all.

I have tried removing HDD, RAM, CMOS Battery, drain battery non worked

talked to online HP support a guy said that motherboard is gone. If anyone has any idea whats the problem or had a similar one and fix it please let me know.

thank you in advance

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 4 (2,865 Views)

Re: dv7-1267cl - starts on black screen, num/caps lock blinkings 4 times- HELP PLS

Hi,

Check this document:

HP Notebook PCs - Blank Screen LED Error Codes

It looks then Your graphic card is corrupted.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
Gjonny
Message 3 of 4 (2,823 Views)

Re: dv7-1267cl - starts on black screen, num/caps lock blinkings 4 times- HELP PLS

No, Dan, that does not solve da problem, tried that already.

Anyone with any other solution, other was i have to send it in since it is still under warranty.

thanx

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 4 (2,787 Views)

[ Edited ]

Gjonny wrote:

No, Dan, that does not solve da problem, tried that already.

You tried what?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation