erratic touch pad (5064 Views)
Honor Student
dunchan1
Message 1 of 4 (5,064 Views)

erratic touch pad

My wife just purchased an HP Pavilion 7 laptop and the touch pad moves the mouse erratically ... super sensitive .. cannot find the control to fix .. or can I fix it??

Intern
Tech_Smurf
Message 2 of 4 (5,053 Views)

Re: erratic touch pad

You can change that in the driver settings. If you bring up the system notification tray their should be a program to adjust the touchpad in there. Snayptics or some such on most HP's. If that does not work reload the driver from the recovery manager and update the system bios.

Honor Student
romac05
Message 3 of 4 (5,041 Views)

I have just purchased a Probook 4520s, and the touchpad is un-usable.

I am in the habit of using my index finger to move the cursor, then use my thumb to click the buttons. So my thumb is normally resting on the left button.

But the button is now part of the touch-pad. So my thumb is also moving the cursor, erratically. When I left- or right-click, the cursor sometimes moves away from the button.

Is there a way to disable the button area from the touchpad area? Or do I have to re-learn the way I use the computer??

Student
WhatcomWeb
Message 4 of 4 (4,296 Views)

My year old HP was stolen which is too bad cause I loved it.  My new one is going back because the new one piece touchpad is unusable.  Thank goodness for Costco's 90 day return policy.  Sorry HP, looks like I'm getting a Dell.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation