how do I get rid of HP Update box in the bottom right of my notebook. Have to restart to get it off (1811 Views)
Student
Fancy1
Message 1 of 3 (1,811 Views)

how do I get rid of HP Update box in the bottom right of my notebook. Have to restart to get it off

How do I get rid of HP Update box in the bottom right of my notebook.  There is nothing at the bottom of my display that I can X it off at.  I have to restart my laptop to get rid of it now?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 3 (1,808 Views)

Re: how do I get rid of HP Update box in the bottom right of my notebook. Have to restart to get it

Hi,

Hold down the Windows key and press R.  In to the Run box type msconfig and hit enter.  In the following window, click the Start up tab, remove the tick next to HP Update, then click Apply and Ok.  Restart the notebook for this change to be applied.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
PirmaDonna
Message 3 of 3 (1,624 Views)

Re: how do I get rid of HP Update box in the bottom right of my notebook. Have to restart to get it

SOmeone tell me how to get rid of this box.

Why hasn't HP done something about it?

I got a new computer, and now I am stuck with a box that you cannot click on.

Help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation