Question

Honor Student
radiotech
Message 1 of 4 (1,025 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do i get rid of the HP popup that wants me to upgrade my warranty? my laptop is the DV7. is new.

see above.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (1,020 Views)

Re: how do i get rid of the HP popup that wants me to upgrade my warranty? my laptop is the DV7. is

Hi,

You should be able to delete this particular pop-up from Task Scheduler as detailed in the document on the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=c00875441&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
radiotech
Message 3 of 4 (1,005 Views)

Re: how do i get rid of the HP popup that wants me to upgrade my warranty? my laptop is the DV7. is

No listing of the popup was found in task scheduler.  Any more ideas?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 4 (1,001 Views)

Hello radiotech:

Just check mark with in warning box never show this message again. You can also use HP Support Assistant  and turn it off there as well. Any HP warnings can be turned off in HP support Assistant  just click maintenance and click refresh updates and warning information will display just chaned to never show it again.
If I where you it is very good ideal to keep a warranty on it as long as you can. Because these computers are poorly made from Toshiba Parts. My HP DV7-6135dx has been returned to HP Direct Support for major repairs including a hard drive replacement over five times now in a one year period. This is not counting hours on end adrdessing software issues. Please click kudos if this resolves your issue. Thank you frrw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation