Question

Student
nanaschyonna
Message 1 of 4 (434 Views)

how do you connect speakers to a notebook computer?

I tried to connect outside speakers to my laptop computer and I got no response what do I do next so that I get a response?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (431 Views)

Re: how do you connect speakers to a notebook computer?

Hi:

They need to be powered (either by USB or A/C), and you need to plug the speaker input jack into the laptop's headphone jack.

Paul

Student
JohanEllen
Message 3 of 4 (303 Views)

Re: how do you connect speakers to a notebook computer?

I have a hp pavlion g7-2005sd. I'm also having troubles with external speakers. I entered the plug into the headphones, but still no music comes out of the speakers. Speakers work fine on the desktop. Speakerset: Teufel Concept B20

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)

how do you connect speakers to a notebook computer?

[ Edited ]

Hello JohanEllen. Try the following.

1. Go to your Control Panel.
  2. Open "Sound" from the Control Panel.
  3. You should see a list of your audio devices here.
  4. Ensure that your "headphones" (meaning the headphone jack) is set as the default device.
  5. Save any changes, reboot, and verify that this resolves the issue.

If this doesn't solve the issue let me know; I will keep an eye out for your reply. Have a great weekend!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation