08-06-2012 06:10 PM
Facebook blocking, that is, the blocking of a particular URL or website is a function of your browser (or possibly your Security Software) and not usually a function of your Windows setup.
- Internet Explorer
How to block Facebook in Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer and click Tools
2. Click Internet Options and then click on the Content tab
3. Click the Enable button
4. Click on the Approved Sites tab
5. Enter facebook.com in the box
6. Click Never and then OK
7. In the appeared window enter and confirm your new password
8. Click on the General tab and make sure to select Users can see websites that have no ratings
9. Click OK
Reference (warning - site contains a product for sale)
- Mozilla Firefox can use an Extension called BlockSite 0.7.1.1
If you are running Firefox, go to Add-ons, Search for more Extensions, and use keywords "block url" or "blocksite"
- Avast Internet Security
If you are running Avast (full version, at least) , you can block any URL, website, IP address. Just don't allow it access.
I hope this helps.