Question

Honor Student
itzanalove
Message 1 of 4 (4,734 Views)

how long do I have after I buy the laptop get a warranty?

I just created this account so I have no clue if this is the best place to ask this question.

But I have looked around the site & couldn't find the answer. Is it 30 days or can you just buy

the warranty whenever? Thanks.

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 4 (4,728 Views)

Re: how long do I have after I buy the laptop get a warranty?

your notebook will come with a one year factory warrenty by default if it is a new purchase. The longer you wait to extend your warrenty beyond that period the less years you can invest into. Within the first 30 days you might be able to invest up to 4 years but 6 months from then you might only be able to invest up to 2 years. Normally to the best of my knowledge you can get at least a year extension right up to the last day of your factory warrenty and sometimes out of warrenty products can get an extended year as well but there is a different process for that.

Generally the longer you wait, the less time you can invest into and it could be more expensive.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Honor Student
itzanalove
Message 3 of 4 (4,726 Views)

I bought the laptop at best buy. Do I still have a factory warranty? Thanks.

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 4 of 4 (4,719 Views)

itzanalove wrote:

I bought the laptop at best buy. Do I still have a factory warranty? Thanks.

You have a one year factory warrenty with HP from date of purchase regardless of vendor as long as it was a new unit/closed box and the vendor is partnered with HP to sell their products. Bestbuy is one of those vendors. So if you bought the notebook yesterday from bestbuy and it was not a refurbished unit or floor model you have 364 days left of factory warrenty.

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation