Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 28 (19,472 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to close out the hpqwutils.exe-NO DISK file

hpqwutils.exe-NO DISK keeps showing on the screen. I click the x and it returns back. when I shut down the screen says it needs to be closed, and I've tried everything but it wont close.

Accepted Solution

Re: how to close out the hpqwutils.exe-NO DISK file

just been on the phone to techinal support and u need to remove the program hpquickweb, ive done it and now computer no longer interrupting me with the no disk in hard drive box that i could never cancel or close.  go to control panel then programs and featured scroll down to hp quick web then up to uninstall, hope this helps u, say ok and yes to all the boxes til it removes then shut down computer and open up again and it should have disappeared, mine did, if not contact technial support i found them very helpful, if u tell them u got pay as u go phone they even rang me back 

View solution in context
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 28 (19,465 Views)

A work around here, I would check for a driver/software update for your HP printer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HP-Printer-Causing-quot-No-Disk-quot-e...

Honor Student
Message 3 of 28 (19,315 Views)

I dont have an HP All-In-One  Printer, mine is DELL. I'm working on finding what Windows7 has thats compatible for my printer, so thinking about your response and the other info I have I need to uninstall my printer and get a new one. Thanks for your help it was greatly appreciated. have a happy holiday.

Top Student
Message 4 of 28 (19,186 Views)

BELROY2 wrote:

hpqwutils.exe-NO DISK keeps showing on the screen. I click the x and it returns back. when I shut down the screen says it needs to be closed, and I've tried everything but it wont close.

Top Student
Message 5 of 28 (19,128 Views)

BELROY2 wrote:

Student
Message 6 of 28 (18,037 Views)

uninstalled hp quick web from control pannel --> restarted...message is gone. hope this helps

Associate Dean
Message 7 of 28 (18,033 Views)

Thanks for taking the time to post KarthiK11111111

Welcome to the HP forums. 

Student
Message 8 of 28 (17,771 Views)

dear @Munbodog,

I have the same problem.  How did you resolve it?

thanks 

Honor Student
Message 9 of 28 (17,438 Views)

Mine does the same :smileysad: have yousolved yours yet? If so how please? xx

Top Student
Message 10 of 28 (17,289 Views)

det verkar som fler som har samma problem,eftersom HP gör inget för att lösa problemet,jag kommer att lämna tillbaka laptopen och köpa inte deras produkter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation