Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I need instructions on connecting my HP ENVY 5530 printer to my Chromebook.  Simplest explaination the best.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link givn below might help you to fix your issue.

Link

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

ok, im having the same problem, just brought envy 5530, my wifes acer notebook found it and connection all good  but my chromebook is not finding it?

gone to advance settings etc and no luck, Hp site says ive got to register my printer with cloud? please bare in mind im 44 and have no idea how to get technicle with these things, im a plug it in and it works kind of guy, if it doesnt it finds its way through the nearest window! so a link i can click and everything is fixed will be greatly appreciated 🙂

HP Recommended

Bought new HP ENVY 5546 printer but can`t connect to my HP Cromebook 

HP Recommended

@john158 wrote:

Bought new HP ENVY 5546 printer but can`t connect to my HP Cromebook 

@john158

If your printer is connected to your home network via wifi, then HP has a great app available for ChromeBooks.

Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for the app named "HP Print".  Install it, and add your printer by entering its IP address that your network has assigned to it.  You can find it by printing out your Network Configuration page from the printer's control screen.

Please view this document that contains instructions for using HP Print on a Chromebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04683559

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.