Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how to enable scrolling function in HP elitebook 8460p notebook .please confirm scrolling function is available in this notebook or not.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hariank,

I can confirm that scrolling is available, I have a similar notebook, the 8440p, and my scrolling works just fine. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse with the microsoft driver installed, but the touchpad on the notebook still allows scrolling. My apology if the following is obvious to you, but this is what I know. Vertical and horizontal scrolling must be enabled in the touchpad properties, you should have an icon at the lower right for "synaptic touchpad device" open this and look at all setting, enable horizontal and vertical scrolling and look at scrolling region settings (controls the area on the touchpad from where you can scroll. If you have a mouse attached and it too will not allow scrolling, this is most likely your problem . Good luck, I hope this in some whay helps

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 04/27/2017)

Yes, above guide explains clearly 🙂

HP Recommended

Use space bar button that will help for page down... hope this helps...changing the mouse settings is not very much advisable..

HP Recommended

Just to be clear, on the 8460p in Device Settings the device is called the "Synaptics LuxPad".  From there you can enable the newer style two finger scrolling and/or the one finger scrolling.  

I work for HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.