Question

Student
joshsgurl
Message 1 of 2 (710 Views)

how to factory reset a windows 8 laptop

I have a hp windows 8 laptop that i cant seem 2 figure out how 2 reset it back 2 its factory settings. its been acting up alot n has seem 2 just pull stuff up n dwnload things all on its own. its very irritating n frustrating.

Master's Graduate
spacechild
Message 2 of 2 (704 Views)

Re: how to factory reset a windows 8 laptop

Hello there joshsgurl!: If Windows 8 works the same as Windows 7 then what you have to do is:

a. find out within the desktop section(not the Metro interface you usually see) where is the Recovery Manager is or it's eqivalent(sic) in #8 then start it up following whatever you see on your screen select destructive recovery then within 45-90 you should be running normal

b. go to your BIOS & locate the default option(on my Pavilion 410y it's F11 then F10 then restart) then do the aforementioned & it should be hissy fit free.

I usually look forward to new versions of Windows but 8 is too radical a jump because I don't own a cell phone due to the uncouth boorish behavior of some of the denizens of my local city on the buses & subways! it looks too much Iike a phone OS

good luck

hope this helps, enlightens & clarifies it for you

Happy Holidays to you & your family

spacechild

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation