Question

Honor Student
harisbarthi
Message 1 of 4 (20,578 Views)

how to reboot my hp laptop

my laptop started its scheduled scan and finished after finishing the scan it started startup repairs it showed the message this might take over than one hour after finishing it showed a message box containing reboot shutdown cancel I clicked shutdown the machine was shutdown the next day I turned my laptop on there is black screen showing windows did not shutdown successfullychoose an option the options were start windows in safe mode ,start windows with networking.start windows with command prompt and start windows normally I choosed start windows normally the screen showed starting windows and then the screen was black with white arrow mark or the cursor the laptop did not showed the desktop screen what should i do now????  

Honor Student
harisbarthi
Message 2 of 4 (20,533 Views)

how to reboot my hp laptop

my laptop atarted its scheduled scan after finishing it started the startup repairs at the end it showed a box stating reboot shutdown and cancel I clicked on shutdown button the laptop shutdown nrmally.The next when i turned on my laptop it showed windows did not shutdown successfully there were four options start windows in safemode start windows with networking start windows with command propmpt and start windows noramlly rhe screen is black and with white arrow marl or the cursor what should i do now???? please help me as soon as possible 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 4 (20,572 Views)

Re: how to reboot my hp laptop

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Also, post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
SimoneGonza
Message 4 of 4 (12,668 Views)

Re: how to reboot my hp laptop

I just bought a new hp pavilion g4 and when It shut off for the battery being low I charged it but it won't go on. It says automatic repair but then just a black screen. I don't know what to do. Help me
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation