Question

Tutor
jamboy16
Message 1 of 5 (2,436 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to reformat HP DV2500 without the recovery disc? my recovery disc is gone pls help me thank you

how to reformat HP DV2500 without the recovery disc? my recovery disc is gone T_T pls help me thank you

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (2,433 Views)

Re: how to reformat HP DV2500 without the recovery disc? my recovery disc is gone pls help me thank

jamboy16 wrote:

how to reformat HP DV2500 without the recovery disc? my recovery disc is gone T_T pls help me thank you

If your objective is to reinstall the operating system there are ways to accomplish that.

One way is to start tapping the F11 key immediately after presswing the notebook power button. That will invoke the Recovery Manager unless you deleted the Recovery partition or have done something to the original disk partition scheme. In Recovery Manager simply choose to recover your PC to the original operating system

You may also order a recovery disk set from HP.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
jamboy16
Message 3 of 5 (2,432 Views)

Re: how to reformat HP DV2500 without the recovery disc? my recovery disc is gone pls help me thank

hi i try tapping F11 but it does not work T_T what will i do? 

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (2,427 Views)

Since you don't have a Recovery disc set then I suggest you follow my second suggestion and order a Recovery disc set for your notebook.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
jamboy16
Message 5 of 5 (2,424 Views)

ok sir ill try to order. thank you for that good info. godspeed 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation