Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
how do I unlock my laptop. I forgot my password and I don't have a password recovery disk

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I am assuming that you are asking for Windows Password.

There are several ways to reset the password. Refer the following weblink for steps:

http://www.howtogeek.com/96630/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-windows-password-the-easy-way/

If this does not help, there are multiple other ways in the following weblink:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/238737-user-account-reset-password-windows-7-a.html

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

How do I unlock my laptop without using my password which I cannot remember in its entirety?  I think that the password problem may be a case sensitive issue.  I have spent many hours on this matter and would like to use the computer.  Thanks for your help.

Marie19

HP Recommended

thanks so much.  i will give it a try.

HP Recommended

My Compaq Presario CQ57 needs an administrator password. After 3 incorrect passwords it has displayed system disabled with this code 51873873.

HP Recommended
I need to unlock my presario CQ 42 my password is not accepted after my grandson was bashing on the keyboard. How do I reset if. I have windows 7.
HP Recommended

@Stevna

Please try:  44751275

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
I have a presario cq50 and I can't think of the new password I put on it, I have no reset disk , how can I change the password without a reset disk
HP Recommended
It has windows vista on it
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.