Question

Honor Student
nicolet1
Message 1 of 6 (177 Views)

how to use HP webcam 50 while offline for taking pictures and/or making videos?

Hello, I would greatly appreciate learning if my HP webcam 50 can be used while offline for taking pictures and/or making videos?  If this is indeed possible, can the procedure for using the webcam while offline be outlined.  Thank you.

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 6 (167 Views)

Re: how to use HP webcam 50 while offline for taking pictures and/or making videos?

What do you mean by offline? Not connected to a computer like a standalone digital camera?

Honor Student
nicolet1
Message 3 of 6 (157 Views)

Re: how to use HP webcam 50 while offline for taking pictures and/or making videos?

Hello.  By 'offline' I mean 'not connected to the internet'.  Can the built-in HP webccam 50 be used for taking pictures and/or videos while not connected to the internet?  Thank you.

Provost
Huffer
Message 4 of 6 (151 Views)

Yes it can. The user interface software such as Youcam has a "capture" button which can capture and store still shots or video clips on the hard drive. 

Honor Student
nicolet1
Message 5 of 6 (146 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply.  Are you aware of a reliable (and safe) site to download this software from and the approximate cost of this software?  Thanks again.  

Provost
Huffer
Message 6 of 6 (142 Views)

It might be available here for free. The name of the publisher of the software is Cyberlink and I am sure you can get it for $30-40 on their site but it is offered for several computer models here as a free download.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-78419-1 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation