hp envy m4 (windows 8) - where is my hibernate button? (811 Views)
Student
acidicfire
Message 1 of 10 (811 Views)

hp envy m4 (windows 8) - where is my hibernate button?

Usually I use the power options on the right hand side of the screen to power down the computer, and it's only recently come to my attention that the hibernate button isn't where it's supposed to be?  I've added a picture to try and clarify

hibernate.png

I'm pretty sure that the Hibernate button should be an option for the power settings, but it's just missing?? Is it just me? It's been this way ever since I got the computer, which was about 2 months ago during Black Friday.

This computer also sometimes has problems going to sleep, which is probably an unrelated problem, but just something else to note.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 10 (801 Views)

Re: hp envy m4 (windows 8) - where is my hibernate button?

Hi,

You'll need to access your system's power settings, which you can do any number of ways. Please press Win+W to bring up the Settings Search menu, then type power.

• Click Change what the power buttons do.
  • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of that window to find the "Shutdown settings" section.
  • Click the box next to Hibernate to enable the option.
  • Click Save changes.

Now, when you go to power down your system, you'll see the Hibernate option in your list of choices.

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
tshaw5707
Message 3 of 10 (745 Views)

Thanks for this information; it worked beautifully except for one thing. I was unable to check the box for hibernate until I saw a blue link towards the top of the page that said something like "change settings that are currently unavailable." I clicked the link and the link disappeared, but then the check boxes were active and I was able to select Hibernate. I thought this information might be helpful to others so I am sharing it.

Honor Student
SRhp
Message 4 of 10 (570 Views)

Hi, The hibernate option isn't appearing in my HP. Its enabled in the registry. But it doesn't appear in the control panel as a setting and nor as an option in the power buttons.

Do you know whats going on here?

I have a Hp envy x2-dual tablet/latptop computer. 

Another help: Is there a way I can swich my 'FN' and 'CTRL' keys in the detachable keyboard?

Thanks

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 10 (549 Views)

Hello SRhp.

Try the instructions in this article.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.  Have a lovely day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
SRhp
Message 6 of 10 (539 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The reason i posted on this forum, is after all those steps, Hibernate doesn't appear as a option for some reason. I have only seen this in this laptop. 

Thanks

Senthil

hibernate.PNG

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 7 of 10 (537 Views)

Hello again SRhp.

I just wanted to let you know that I had seen your post but the picture had not been approved yet.  They take up to 24 hours to be approved.  If you'd like you could post the picture on another service such as IMGur and link me to that.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
SRhp
Message 8 of 10 (520 Views)

Hi,

The link of the image is given below.

https://plus.google.com/photos/101031267312665503332/albums/5899950354007585313?authkey=CJ2ei_atgtng...

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for your help.

Senthil

Student
zimscubasteve
Message 9 of 10 (421 Views)

Hi, 

I am having the  exact same issue. Is there any help you can offer? I want to be able to set my envy x2 to hibernate when I close the lip, but the option is just not availabe. Only have three options, do nothing, sleep or shut down. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

Honor Student
SRhp
Message 10 of 10 (416 Views)

hi, I haven't found a resolution yet. Even HP support weren;t helpful. I noticed one thing though. The machine goes into hibernate automatically when the battery is low

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation