hp mini 100e (234 Views)
Honor Student
dids135
Message 1 of 6 (234 Views)

hp mini 100e

I bought a hp mini 100e just over a year ago the hard drive failed after a few weeks so got sent new one & got it fitted & win 7 installed now the screen is flickering on start up so i cant use it. can anyone help? Ive sent a query to hp a while back but have got no reply which is extremely annoying. Is this the usual response from hp?

are hp products usually this poor?   

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (229 Views)

Re: hp mini 100e

Connect your mini to an external device  (LCD or monitor) with a VGA input to see if the issue is duplicated.

Post  your result here.

mini100e_extvid.png

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
dids135
Message 3 of 6 (224 Views)

i have done what you said & other monitor is fine what vis the problem with netbook screen?

thanks
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (216 Views)

Troubleshooting by using the external display  has determined that the video solution on the systemboard is fine, but not the  LCD display. It must be replaced to return the netbook to a normal operating condition.

Is your netbook still in warranty?

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
dids135
Message 5 of 6 (209 Views)

thanks but no its a few weeks out of its warranty dont know whether its worth repairing do you know where i can get a good deal on a new screen?

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (201 Views)

[ Edited ]

We probably are not local. I live in Europe. Just use Google and HP mini 100e  replacement LCD as search termto begin your search for a good price.

As inexpensive as the minis are I do not expect it to be worthwhile to replace the screen. 

Test: Windows XP virtual machine in Virtual PC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation