Question

Honor Student
vozlicz
Message 1 of 2 (3,812 Views)

hp nx9420 SD card reader not working on windows7

Hi!

I have a problem with may computer and windows 7 installation.

I have sorted most of the problems but this one with my internal SD,SM.MMC ...... card reader not working i can not solve it.

The card is SD SanDisk 2gb, and it works on other computer with vaist and xp, an it also did work on this computer before i have installed windows 7.

The problem being that computer want to format the card but when press format, it can not format it. 

"The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."

Ps: Second problem my volume on/off button is  swiching it self on and off by it self!!

thank you

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 2 (3,760 Views)

Re: hp nx9420 SD card reader not working on windows7

[ Edited ]

Hi,

To solve problem with card reader download and install:

Texas Instruments Media Card Reader here

To solve problem with volume button please uninstall first HP Quick Launch Buttons.

Resource:
Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Download and install:

HP Quick Launch Buttons here (ver 6.50.17.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

If this will not help then perform a Hard Reset:

1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 1 minute.
3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (do not connect the battery), press the Power button.

Check is this problem solved or not.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation