Question

Honor Student
Hayley83
Message 1 of 5 (5,570 Views)

hp pavilion dv2000 - Beeps 3 times

I've got a hp pavilion dv2000 2 years ago it was working fine until last week. when i turned on my laptop it beeped 3 times and the screen doesn't come up(stays black)  the highlights turn blue(where the quick play buttons are). i've turned it off and on a few times and would turn on(backedup at that stage). But now i've done it over 50 times it just wont start.I have removed the rams and replaced them. still same problem.

Why is my laptop beeping 3 times?   Your help would be greatly appriciated

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 5 (5,556 Views)

Re: hp pavilion dv2000 - Beeps 3 times

Hi,

1x long, 2x short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information.

It means then Your graphic card is corrupted.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
Hayley83
Message 3 of 5 (5,536 Views)

Hi

Thanx i'll be trying to replace it  2night and let you know how i go. Fingers crossed

Hayley

Honor Student
Hayley83
Message 4 of 5 (5,490 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Daniel,

Thanx for ur reply,

I purchased my laptop in Australia and now Im Living in the Middle East. Took the Laptop to a few place to replace the graphics card. No one would do it. There not that experienced in laptops. Im still searching for someone who can.

But wanted to ask  

1. Is the graphics card  integrated to the motherboard 

2.Is it possible that i can do it myself? If so is there a guide?   

Thanx Hayley

Message Edited by Hayley83 on 10-09-2009 12:12 PM
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 5 of 5 (5,480 Views)

1. Yes it's integrated.

2. No You can't. Only service can do this, because You haven't got tools and special soldering iron for it.

Sometimes conection between GPU chip and motherboard needs to be only reflowed to fix this issue.

Google about it little or search YoutTube for more informations.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation