Question

Student
barrjordan
Message 1 of 51 (33,362 Views)

hp simplepass problems?

im trying to add a new logon to the hp simplepass but it keeps saying that the website im on isnt a logon screen. Even with my email and facebook it says it isnt a logon screen. can someone please hellp?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 51 (33,311 Views)

Re: hp simplepass problems?

Before we move forward, I would need some information...

1) What browser are you using?

2) Is the issue with a particular website or any?

3) Can I have extact Model Number and OS on this system?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
Melissavb24
Message 3 of 51 (33,286 Views)

i am having the same problem...and it didnt happen till i went to best buy and had the geek squad look at my comp for another issue and then i got home and my simplepass stopped working!

im using internet explorer (was working great with simplepass untill today)

the issue is with all sites

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 51 (33,277 Views)

OK, in this case I would suggest reinstalling HP SimplePass Application for Recovery Manager...

To Access Recovery Manager

Click Start  and enter Recovery in the search field. Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens.
Alternately, click Start  , All Programs , Recovery Manager , and then Recovery Manager . Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens. Click Software program re-installation, Next , select HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
tomman
Message 5 of 51 (32,914 Views)

Hi All...

Is there any way to disable the SimplePass application?

Thanks

Tom

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 51 (32,912 Views)

If you have HP Simplepass by Egis Technology, you will have option to disable it...

If you have HP SimplePass by Digital Persona, you will need to disable Validity Sensor in device manager...

Honor Student
tomman
Message 7 of 51 (32,910 Views)

Hi Cyclops...

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the Egis application and discovered that the disable function is available in the pop-up in the icon. When I asked the question originally, that icon was not showing in my system tray, but once I found it, there was the "Disable HP SimplePass" option. Worked like a charm!

Thanks again and your help was very much appreciated.

Tom

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 8 of 51 (32,908 Views)

no problem, You are always welcome! :smileyhappy:

Student
chin_music
Message 9 of 51 (32,257 Views)

Hi,

I set up SimplePass fingerprint ID for a bunch of my accounts in firefox when my laptop first arrived a couple weeks ago. Everything was working fine for a while, but I just tried to log in to one of them (and subsequently others) with a finger swipe, and it won't let me log in. It just brings up the password manager window, where it shows internet explorer icons next to all my accounts. I cannot find where to reset my default browser to firefox. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Weirdly, I never use internet explorer, so I'm not sure how this happened.

Thanks for your help....

Student
trpenny
Message 10 of 51 (31,393 Views)

My HP SimplePass is not working correctly only on one site. Suddenly when I try to login to Facebook, SimplePass will enter my login info but will no longer press the login key. I now have to do that manually. Any thoughts? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation