Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot find the touchpad control panel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ejake

Hi,

Download and install ALPS Touchpad Driver from here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

Generally, you can find it if you open windows Control Panel, open Mouse, click the Device Settings tab and then click the Settings button.

If this is not the case with your notebook, post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 32bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I cannot find the touchpad controls in my mouse control panel.

I have a: pavilion dv4-1313dx

product #: NM237UA#ABA

64-bit operating system

hope this helps!

HP Recommended

@ejake

Hi,

Download and install ALPS Touchpad Driver from here.

HP Recommended

Downloaded and I swear Im not that computer illerate, but now what?

HP Recommended

Now install this driver and restart your system.

All configuration options for touchpad should now be available.

HP Recommended

Success! Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

HP Recommended

sir,
my touchpad all of the sudden stopped workig. ad have tried evryother means to fix it..re installing driver ..but failed.now i cant find touchpad options in my control panel..what is the problem?all i can see the "mouse button" options".
 really need help.
thanks.

my laptop model is hp compaq 510
p/n - VF633PA#ACJ
WINDOWS XP 32 bit operating system.

waitig for a reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.