Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hiya,

Just thought that I would let you know...took my laptop down to the IT geeks dept at uni...turns out they couldnt figure it out either...as Word, excel etc work perfectly fine.

I eventually changed my main internet option from internet explorer to firefox...SOLVED THE PROBLEM! I cannot believe that I have spent the past 3-4 weeks now trying to figure out what to do ...and all that was needed was firefox!

Thank you for all your tips and help! 🙂

M

HP Recommended

I'm glad you resolve the issue. Thanks for updating me.

THX

HP Recommended

Try the following link it worked for me

http://www.presentermedia.com/blog/2012/08/i-cant-open-a-powerpoint-presentation-in-2010/

To resolve the issue of opening an individual file, please follow these steps:

1)     Locate the file on your computer

2)     Right click the file and see the dropdown box which appears

3)     Look to the bottom of the dropdown box and select “Properties”

4)     In the “Properties” Window, you will see several tabs, the first of which should be “General”.  Select this tab if it is not already selected.

5)    At the bottom of this window you will see “Attributes” and “Security”.  Next to the word “Security” is a description stating “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.”  and a box labeled “Unblock”.

6)     Click “Unblock” , then OK.

7)     Re-open the file by double clicking it, or opening it from PowerPoint’s “File” menu.

Note:  Once you’ve Unblocked a file, the “Security” label under the General tab will disappear.  This is normal and to be expected.

HP Recommended

Hi, last solution proposed is working. Thanks for that !!

However, need to follow the same steps for each and every file, one by one. How can it be unblocked for all PPT/PPTX files at once?

HP Recommended

RecoveryFix for PowerPoint recovery software provides easy data recovery software services for MS PowerPoint. This software is easy-to-use and powerful, free version can be found on the website. http://www.pptxfile.com and http://www.en.pptrecovery.net

HP Recommended

This is how I fixed this issue

By Default, the .ppt file downloaded from the internet will be saved in the download folder or directory of the PC.

Select any .ppt file  in this download folder,

ppt1.PNG 

click the choose the default program link (to select the  ppt icon )

The ppt program will replicate to all the other ppt files.

So we can now open  with no issues.

ppt1.PNG

HP Recommended

Thanks so much...this took care of my problem with being able to open my powerpoint files!

HP Recommended

I may have found a solution. Instead of opening the presentation with the file, Open PowerPoint, and browse to the file. I was able to open all the files that I couldn't open directly. Then save-as, to the computer (you may need to save it as a different Powerpoint file) and replace the older one.

HP Recommended

iI cannot open powerpontfile even allthough office 2007 is installed on my computer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.